The Nurse Anesthesia Program will provide the students clinical and didactic curriculum which will enable them to meet the requirements as nurse practitioner in Anesthesiology.
The Nurse Anesthesia Program will endeavor to accomplish the following goals:
- To provide the training for qualified registered nurses and train them for professional competency as Nurse Anesthetists.
- To provide related nursing experiences that will contribute to the nurse development in the specialized area of Anesthesia.
- To inspire the desire for learning and development of knowledge and personal capabilities.
- To make available additional services to the people by educating qualified nurse anesthetists.
- To support professional and personal development.
- To guarantee integration of basic and clinical sciences.
The Nurse Anesthesia Program is at present accredited by the Philippine Academy of Medical Specialists (PAMS).
— ♦♦♦ —
Anesthesia Program for Nurses
To successfully progress through the Anesthesia Program for Nurses, students must be able to perform the essential functions or tasks of a nurse anesthetist using the following abilities:
- Ability to discriminate different responses to diseases using visual, auditory, tactile and other sensory methods.
- Ability to identify changes in monitoring devices and alarms using visual and auditory senses.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in Tagalog and in English through oral and written methods in order to interact with other health care providers and patients of all ages.
- Coordinate gross and fine motor movements and the senses of touch and vision required of the nurse anesthetist to safely monitor patients inside the operating room with the endurance to handle multiple patient needs.
- Demonstrate sufficient physical strength to perform airway management, move and position patients and equipment.
- Sufficient stamina to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Safely maneuver the operating room and other anesthetizing locations.
- Respond appropriately to alarms and changes in patient conditions that require physical interventions.
- Ability to use effective reasoning, analysis, calculations, problem solving, critical thinking, self-evaluation.
- Ability to interpret information derived from all data to determine appropriate anesthetic management plans.
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to practice hence provide safe anesthetic care.
- Demonstrate personal and professional attitude.
- Work effectively in stressful and rapidly changing situations.
- Cooperate with other members of the health care team to provide safe patient care.
Before students can take the Certification Exam to pass the Basic Anesthesia Program, students must have participated in a minimum of 150 regional Anesthesia cases and 150 general Anesthesia cases. These Anesthetic cases include both general and regional Anesthetics for:
- General Surgery and
Students will have opportunities to work side by side with the best Anesthesiologists and Nurse Anesthetists from here and abroad.
— ♦♦♦ —
Students are chosen on the basis of their academic record, IQ test and performance, character, and general fitness for the study of Nurse Anesthesia.
Applicant must possess sufficient intellectual and communication skills, physical health, and emotional stability for successful performance as a Nurse Anesthetist.
- A baccalaureate degree in Nursing (TOR, Diploma, Board Certificate)
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the Philippines.
- Priority is given to applicants with clinical experience in an intensive care, critical care, or coronary care unit.
- 1 pc. 1×1 picture
- 2 pcs. 2 x 2 picture
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- NBI Clearance
- Drug Clearance
- BLS Certificate/ID
- One page essay describing your career goals and interest in Anesthesia
- Two professional references
Applicants must be able to pass the written exam and interview by the Nurse Anesthesia Admissions Committee.
Total enrollment of Nurse practitioner in Anesthesia is limited.
All applicants who might meet the minimum requirements for admission may not necessarily be selected. The admission will be based on the “best qualified” as determined by the Admissions Committee. All decisions by this committee are final and not subject to appeal.
Alpha Centauri Educational System, Inc.
KM18 Diversion Road, Brgy. Ilayang Dupay, Lucena City, Philippines
(042) 373-7627 / (0927) 847-6536